Saturday, June 2, 2012


As last week we had our final competition inside "The Kingdom" I had something happen that has never ever happened to me before. I had three hurdlers fall in the same race on the same hurdle. I don't know if that is a sign of what is to come but I am glad it came now Vs. World Juniors or the Olympics. I also appreciate what this experience has done for my patience as a coach/teacher. I know I could have gone off in classic "Stamps Style" but I just smiled and embraced my guys.... They have worked so hard and all they was doing was what I asked them. I said before their race as I often do with my athletes in the short hurdles. "Run with reckless abandonment, if you are not on the verge of crashing and burning you are not doing it right." and they all explained how fast the hurdles were coming towards them. So we did accomplish one thing... Next up we travel to Sri Lanka, for the Asian Junior Championship and that will be the final stop till the World Juniors in Barcelona, Spain. I am so excited the World Juniors are steadily approaching. My 400h Ibroheim is currently ranked 3rd in the world among Juniors with a 400m time of 50.44! I believe he has what it takes to run under 50 sec and possibly qualify for the Olympic Games!!! What a blessing that would be. In all honesty he deserves it, he never complains and never misses a rep or a set of anything we do. Well back to work.... The Grind dont stop. I have a big announcement coming in the next 10-14 days.... so stay tuned..... and before you think it... "NO, I am not getting Married" I love you all and miss you all...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment